[DIFLnews] Florida Destination Imagination Welcome to the 2017-18 season

Florida DI News diflnews at floridadi.org
Sun Jul 23 22:53:38 UTC 2017

Our New Destination Imagination Season Approaches!

As we get ready for the 2017-18 Destination Imagination year, we would like
to help you make your start of the DI season easier and more successful.
We would greatly appreciate your input for this year.  Please feel free to
share this information with anyone we may have overlooked.

Questions for Returning Teams:

1. Do you plan on participating in Florida DI this year?

2. If not, or not in your same capacity as last year, is there someone we
could contact that might help fill your spot?

3 .Do you know of anyone new who would be interested in doing DI?

Getting Started Thoughts

Promotion Materials: You may print/distribute any of the materials from the
DI website to promote DI. If you prefer Florida DI to provide fliers,
contact me and we will get some to you. I suggest the Program Overview,
Challenge Overview, or the Parent Guide Flyer which can be
<http://gadi.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=983ea8d89da8441460e8a9b20&id=
73dc1ad681&e=cdf241c009> found here.

Challenge Program:  The price per Team Number is $150 ($105 program
materials and $45 Florida Affiliate fee) per team. This includes our
Tournament Fee. This year, DI is providing enhanced previews of the
Challenges. These will be available publicly at no cost and should allow you
to get started a little easier, especially with new teams. These Materials
may be distributed to your team, school, school district and/or organization
to promote DI to your community. Program Materials will be released for
purchaser download on September 1.

Try DI:  If you would like an event (in August, September, or October)  to
help your teams and support personnel get started, please contact us. If I
or another volunteer is available, we will gladly come to your site and help
with an event in your community. It can be a "TRY DI"  event with hands on
activities for students and interested adults, or an informational event
geared to an adult audience.

Training:  We hope to conduct a "live" electronic training for Team Managers
this fall.  Some of the topics we are considering are:  Nomenclature,
Reading the Challenge, Interference and Time Management.  If you have a
topic you would like addressed, please let us know.

Moving Forward:  We are looking forward to a great year!  Our state
tournament date and site will be posted as soon as we have it confirmed.  As
always, feel free to contact us with any questions, ideas, or concerns.

 Erica Bowler

Affiliate Director

Florida Destination Imagination

 <http://www.floridadi.org> www.floridadi.org