[DIFLnews] September Newsletter

Florida DI News diflnews at floridadi.org
Sat Sep 1 19:29:34 UTC 2018

Greetings!  We hope the beginning of the school year has gone smoothly for
you.

Challenges are now available for download! To purchase your team number and
have access to the Challenges (and all the supporting materials), you can do
so
<https://gadi.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=983ea8d89da8441460e8a9b20&id
=a93ae01dda&e=cdf241c009> here.  Challenge materials are $105.00 and the
Florida Affiliate fee is $45.00.  Destination Imagination is going
paperless, so all materials will only be sent electronically.

Challenge Previews, including preview videos of each Challenge, are
available
<https://gadi.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=983ea8d89da8441460e8a9b20&id
=e2a5b1ff3a&e=cdf241c009> here.  The First Look document, along with the
videos for each Challenge, should make choosing a Challenge easier for you
and your Team.  Remember that First Look is only a synopsis.  You must
select your challenge in order to receive the full requirements for that
challenge.

<https://gadi.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=983ea8d89da8441460e8a9b20&id
=01152c6cce&e=cdf241c009>

We are excited to announce that Global Finals is moving!  Starting with
Global Finals 2019 (May 22-25), we'll be in Kansas City, MO.  Lots more
information will be coming, but the new facilities are outstanding with all
performance sites under one roof.  In addition, the plan is that each team
will have a dedicated/assigned prop storage area.  For more information,
please read DI's announcement at
<https://gadi.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=983ea8d89da8441460e8a9b20&id
=0d9ba63f4b&e=cdf241c009> DI's Blog Post.

To help you in your efforts to inform your parents about DI, feel free to
share this new PSA.
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3JlNZtVXFg&feature=youtu.be>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3JlNZtVXFg&feature=youtu.be

Check out the Resources at  <http://www.floridadi.org> www.floridadi.org
where you will find team helps such as:

"Exploring Material Properties"
<http://floridadi.org/DI_Exploring_Material_Properties.pdf>
http://floridadi.org/DI_Exploring_Material_Properties.pdf which will help
your teams start to think about materials in different ways.

The "Try DI IC Challenge Set"
<http://floridadi.org/Try%20DI%20IC%20Set%20Challenge%20Types.pdf>
http://floridadi.org/Try%20DI%20IC%20Set%20Challenge%20Types.pdf  may help
your teams to decide what sort of challenge they might be interested in
working on this year.

Some cool events coming up this fall for our Central Florida participants:

Join us for a spooky time at Orlando Public Library's "Technoween" on
Sunday, October 14 from 1:30 - 4:30 at Melrose Center, Orange County Library
System 101 E. Central Blvd., Orlando, FL 32801.  Build a "Boney Bridge" or
"Make your Monster".

In November, we will be at the Orlando fairgrounds joining Maker Faire with
a "Tall Tower" challenge and KEVA planks to play with.

Look for more information on our facebook page in coming days.

Do check out our Twitter page    <https://twitter.com/Diffle_DIFL>
https://twitter.com/Diffle_DIFL where you can find jokes that Diffle  (our
flamingo mascot) likes as well challenge information.  Our new Instagram
page  <https://www.instagram.com/DI_Florida/>
https://www.instagram.com/DI_Florida/#  contains puzzles, challenges and
information. Also check out our monthly Instant Challenge on our facebook
page  <https://www.facebook.com/FloridaDI>
https://www.facebook.com/FloridaDI  We hope that you will send us photos of
your solutions to these challenges.

Remember, we're just an email away. Please do not hesitate to ask for
assistance. We are here to see you succeed as Team Managers and School
Coordinators! We look forward to working with each and every one of you.

Erica Bowler

Affiliate Director

Florida Destination Imagination

 <http://www.floridadi.org> www.floridadi.org