[DIFLnews] January Newsletter

Florida DI News diflnews at floridadi.org
Sat Jan 12 14:46:55 UTC 2019

Happy New Year!

We are starting to work on our tournament for this spring.  Our 5th year
celebration of Florida creativity will happen on Saturday, March 30 at Park
Maitland School.  Registration for our tournament is open for both teams as
well as volunteers. We are looking for energetic people who are dedicated to
helping our young people learn the creative process from imagination to
innovation. Your participation enables us to give students their best
possible experience.

Teams must register for our tournament even though you have entered data
into the DII website.  The sooner you register at
<http://www.floridadi.org/TeamRegistration.html>
http://www.floridadi.org/TeamRegistration.html  the sooner we can put
Challenge Masters in place and start to train our appraisers in your
particular challenge.  It also helps us with purchasing medals and other
supplies for the tournament. Please try to register your challenge at least
on the DII website by January 31. The deadline for registration for our
tournament is February 28.

Volunteers are encouraged to register early, even if you are not sure about
attending.  Please go to
<http://www.floridadi.org/VolunteerRegistration.html>
http://www.floridadi.org/VolunteerRegistration.html  to register.  We use
the registration list to contact you with training and information.  If you
are interested in Florida Destination Imagination, and would like to know
more about us, becoming an appraiser is a great way to get to know us.  We
have many different tasks that need to be filled, so we should be able to
find a job that suits your interests and abilities. You will receive
training in our philosophy and this year's challenges.   Most of the
training is done online, at your convenience, with a final training done the
morning of the tournament.  Our teams will present in the afternoon of the
30th.

Instant Challenge Master needed for our tournament.  If you have appraised
Instant Challenge previously, we invite you to take on this role.   You
would be our resident "expert" in the challenge, which you can help to
select and you would set up the flow of teams through your area. Training is
provided, and we will work with you to ensure that your day runs smoothly.

As always, you can find more information at www.floridadi.org
<http://www.floridadi.org> , www.destinationimagination.org
<http://www.destinationimagination.org>  or by emailing me directly at
difl.info at yahoo.com <mailto:difl.info at yahoo.com> .