[DIFLnews] Florida Destination Imagination April Newsletter

Florida DI News diflnews at floridadi.org
Tue Apr 14 18:06:22 UTC 2020

I hope that this finds you well and keeping safe.

Due to the pandemic not only did we have to cancel our Florida State
Tournament, but Destination Imagination, Inc. (DII) also had to cancel their
Global tournament scheduled for May.

In lieu of that tournament, DII has developed a virtual tournament for this
summer. Summer of Creativity <https://www.globalfinals.org/>  is available
for teams of up to 7 students as is customary for DI, but is also available
for teams created of friends and families.  In addition to the Virtual Team
Challenge, there are 3 Virtual Instant Challenges the teams may opt to do.

Registration will open on April 15th, with the Challenge available on May 1.
The Instant Challenges will come out in Mid-June. There will be a virtual
Closing Ceremony July 16. The cost of the program as well as deadlines and
other information can be found at Global Finals 2020
<https://www.destinationimagination.org/blog/join-us-for-global-finals-2020-
summer-of-creativity/>    If you are interested, make sure you pay attention
to the deadlines. This is especially important for the Instant Challenges
where there is only a 48 hour window for your solution submission.

SNEAK PEEK:

For this Challenge, your team will create and perform a story about
characters who work together to reach a goal. Your team will also create and
incorporate a work of art into your performance. You will use at least one
video conferencing platform to perform your story. They say distance makes
the heart grow fonder. now show us how Distance Makes the Art Grow Stronger!

This summer challenge will give you an opportunity to check out Destination
Imagination and keep kids engaged in creative and collaborative thinking.

For more information about Destination Imagination we invite you to go to
Florida DI <http://www.floridadi.org>  or the Destination Imagination
<https://www.destinationimagination.org/>  mainpage. You are always welcome
to contact me at difl.info at yahoo.com <mailto:difl.info at yahoo.com> .

Stay well,