[DIFLnews] Florida Destination Imagination February Newsletter

Florida DI News diflnews at floridadi.org
Thu Feb 27 00:31:03 UTC 2020

NEWSFLASH  NEWSFLASH  NEWSFLASH

Tournament moving to Tampa!!

In order to best accommodate our teams, we have changed the tournament site
for this spring.  Our celebration of Florida creativity will still happen on
Saturday, March 28, 2020. The new location is Tampa Covenant Church, Lake
Magdalene Blvd, Tampa, FL

We invite you to join us at the tournament!  If you are in the Tampa area,
it is a great opportunity to see DI in action.  We will have teams
presenting their solutions to challenges they have worked on since fall, as
well as some hands on activities for you to try.

Due to the change of location, we have some opportunities for new appraisers
to join us.  We are looking for energetic people who are dedicated to
helping our young people learn the creative process from imagination to
innovation. Your participation enables us to give students the best possible
experience.

In order to Volunteer, please REGISTER
<http://www.floridadi.org/VolunteerRegistration.html>  as soon as possible.
This will enable us to submit your name to gain access to the DII training
system, and make it easier for us to contact you with tournament
information.

As part of Destination Imagination's efforts to insure the safety of our
participants, all volunteers will be asked to agree to the Volunteer Code of
Conduct, and acknowledge they have read DII's Youth Protection Policy.  You
will have access to these as well as online training once you have
registered.

 If you are interested in Florida Destination Imagination, and would like to
know more about us, becoming an appraiser is a great way to get to know us.
We have many different tasks that need to be filled, so we should be able to
find a job that suits your interests and abilities.  You will receive
training in our philosophy and this year's challenges.   Most of the
training is done online, at your convenience, with a final training done the
morning of the tournament.  Our teams will present in the afternoon of the
28th.

For more information about Destination Imagination we invite you to go to
Florida DI <http://www.floridadi.org>  or the Destination Imagination
<https://www.destinationimagination.org/>  mainpage. You are always welcome
to contact me at difl.info at yahoo.com <mailto:difl.info at yahoo.com> .  I hope
to see you in Tampa!