[DIFLnews] Florida DI Showcase

Florida DI News diflnews at floridadi.org
Sun Mar 20 15:28:06 UTC 2022

It is tournament time!  You are cordially invited to attend our 2021-2022
season showcase on Saturday, March 26 at Park Maitland School, 1450 South
Orlando Avenue, Maitland, FL.  Please use the Magnolia Street entrance.

This will be an opportunity to see Florida DI teams in action.  We will have
2 teams presenting their challenge solutions starting at 1:30.

Our Rising Stars (younger learners) will present their play about a family
of monsters who use manners to fix an important item that gets broken during
their move.  They will also showcase a model of their new home.

We have an engineering middle school team which has designed and built a
structure that can roll down a ramp, then bear weight.  A character will
become a legend in their story and meanwhile they have also designed and
built a rotating object.  I can hardly wait to see their solution.

In the morning, we will have some Instant "Try DI" Challenges for you to try
your hand at.  For our 3 part "Birds of a Feather" challenge, first, create
your flying critter, then create a launching device, and finally,
demonstrate their flight to hit a target.  We will also have KEVA planks for
patterning and building, so something for every age group.  Come in the
morning after 10:30 to play.

We hope to see you there!

Erica Bowler

Affiliate Director